2007-09-01

Hangul's Today : Saying Cute (귀여운)

I used to write "귀여워 에노 누나" for my email signature... just found out and been told that was wrong words T.T
I supposed to write it "귀여 에노 누나", not "귀여 에노 누나" at the bottom of my email.. so when i wrote "귀여워 에노 누나" dongseng said it doesn't make sense for him, as it is supposed to be said to another person, not to myself.
Basicly...

귀여 -> you can say this word when you want to express something (person or animal or etc.) is cute or lovely. can be used by itself
귀여-> if there is something that is cute or lovely and you want to say it's cute, you should say the something (that is noun) with this word "귀여운"(that is adjective)
Example :
cute baby -> 귀여운 아기(baby : a gi), you can't say only 귀여운 and also "귀여운 에노 누나" -> in this sentence i used that word with "에노 누나" which is noun

귀엽다고 하지 말아요 -> gue yuop da go ha je mal a yo => please don't say that I'm cute
귀엽다고 하지마 also same meaning as "귀엽다고 하지 말아요" but you can use this kind of short expression to the people whose the age is same as you or younger than you.

* Cute : 귀여운 (gui-yo-wun)
* Aren't I cute : 내가 귀엽지 (nae-ga gui-yop-ji)
* Pretty : 예뻐 (ye-ppo)
* Aren't I pretty : (내가 예쁘지) (nae-ga ye-ppeu-ji)

그럼 담에 또 봐요. 잘 지내요~~
( gu rum dam e tto ba yo. jal ji ne yo).
Means: See you next time. take care~~ :P