2009-11-10

Some More Korean Words : Added More :P

saved it from somewhere, found it in lappie ^^; just for me to rem everytime i forget some words anyway..

annyong haseyo? - Hello/how are you?
annyong haseyo! - Hello!/ fine
chal chinaessoyo? - How have you been doing?
chal chinaessoyo! - fine, thanks!
odi kayo? - where are you going?

mwo ha-ro...kayo? - what are you going to...to do?
issoyo? - do you have?
chuseyo - please give me...
algessoyo! - fine/understood/right away
kamsa hamnida! - thank you ( Told to someone teaching you)
yogi issoyo - here you are/ here it is
mashikke tuseyo - have a good meal/ enjoy your food
konbae - cheers!

oraeganman-ieyo - long time no see!
yojum saob-un ottaeyo? - how's business these days?
kujo kuraeyo - so-so
malssum mani turossoyo - i've heard a lot about you
( mannaso) pangapsumnida - pleased to meet you!
shillye hamnida - excuse me, please

...iseyo? - are you...please?
choesong hamnida - I'm sorry
odi-eyo? - Where is...?
shillye-jiman... - excuse me, but...
musun ir.iseyo? - what is it? how can I help you?
...manna-ro wassoyo - I came to see...

choesong ha-jiman - I'm sorry, but; excuse me, but...
choesong hamnida - I'm sorry; I apologize; excuse me
...chom pakkwo-juseyo - can I have/ speak to...please?
chalmot koshyossoyo - you've got the wrong number
chalmot korossoyo - I've dialed the wrong number
chamkkan kidariseyo - please wait a moment
malssum haseyo - please speak
shigan-i issoyo? - do you have time?
(issuseyo?) - polite form

...ul sago ship'oyo - I want to buy
...ap'eso mannapshida - let's meet in front of...
ittaga popshida - we'll see each other later!/ see you later/ let's meet later
oso oseyo - welcome!
i cchog-uro anjuseyo - please sit over here
komapsumnida - thank you (Told to someone helping you)
umryosu hashigessoyo? - would you like something to order?
...tulrikkayo? - would you like...?/ shall I give you?

mwol ch'ajuseyo? - what are you looking for?/ can I help you?
olmayo? - how much is it?
algessumnida - I understand; okay, right, fine (formally)
ch'akkak haessoyo - I have made a mistake
annyonghi kaseyo - goodbye ( to someone who is leaving)
annyonghi kyeseyo - goodbye ( to someone who is staying)

morugessoyo - I don't know
an p' annun ke psoyo - there's nothing which is not sold.
mwoga innunyagoyo? - you're asking what there is?/ you mean, you don't know?
che saenggag-enun - in my opinion

chom kkakka-juseyo - please cut the price a bit for me
onul ach'im-put'o - I've had no luck ( all morning)
chaesu omne - I'm unlucky
shingshing haepoiji anhayo - they don't look fresh
mworaguyo? - What did you say?

Surprises
pi-ga o-neyo - Oh no, it's raining
kurom, ku-saram-un hanguk saram ineyo! - so that person is a Korean, then!/So he's the Korean person, then!

naeil mwo halkoeyo? - what are you going to do tomorrow?
pyolil psumyon... - if you don't have anything special on...
an twoegeneyo - it won't be any good, then
ama kwoench'anulkoeyo - it will probably turn out okey
cho-nun mom-i chom choh-ch'i anhayo - I don't feel very well
kurochi'i anhayo - of course not
kkoebyong-ul purijiyo - you're making it up!

kokchong ha-jiman maseyo - don't worry
anin kot gat'ayo - I don't think so; it doesn't seem like it
chonshin-i ta ap'ugunyo! - your whole body must be hurting!
shikkurowoyo - shut up!, be quiet!/ it's noisy!
nolli-ji maseyo - don't joke, don't kid me, don't tease
yag-ul mogoyagessoyo - I'll have to take medicine

di kannunji aseyo? - do you know where ( she) has gone?
ama al-go issu-lkoeyo - will perhaps will know
isang ha-ne - (it is) strange!
choron - oh dear!, oh no!
chal twoenneyo. - it's turned out well, it's all for the better
...hant'e chon hal mar-i issuseyo? - do you have a message for...?

yojum chaemi-ga ottoseyo? - how are you doing?/ how are things these days?
kuron-jul arassoyo - I thought so
maum-e tul-ji anayo - I don't like (her) ( maum-e an turoyo)
...maum-e tu-l- - (I) like...
kuron p'yon-ieyo - ( We) tend to be so/do so (it's usually like that, ect.)
kiog-i an nayo - I don't remember
ama odinga kassul koeyo - I expect (we) went somewhere or other; mayebe..
solchikhi mal hae-boseyo - tell me the truth

-nun ottolkkayo? - how about...? what do you think about...?
ku-got poragu! - you see?!
tangshin-un nae uygyon-ul choaha-ji anch'anayo! - you don't like my suggestions, you see!
mal han daero - as (I) said, like (I) said

Ch'ingu-rul kidaryo.juossoyo - I waited for my friend
mog-ul su issoyo - I can eat it!
mog-ul su opsoyo - I can't eat it!
ka-l su issoyo - I can go!
ka-l su opsoyo - I can't go!
ilcchik torao-l su opsoyo - I won't be able to get home early!
cho-hanja-rul ilg-ul su issoyo? - Can you read those chinese characters over there?

sarang ha-janayo! - It's because I love them, stupid!
sarang- ha - Love
mwol mar-ieyo? - what are you talking about?
chongmal molla-so kuroseyo? - do you really not know, (what you're doing)?
kuraesoyo? - so what?
chongmal mollassoyo hanbon-man pwa chuseyo - please let me off just this once!
sugohaseyo! - work hard (said to someone doing their job)

Questions with -nayo

Chunmun haen-nayo? - have you ordered?
Shinmun kogi innayo? - Is the newspaper over there?
odi ka-na? - where are you going?
Chomshim mogon-na? - Did you have lunch?
Yonghwa ponun ko choa haseyo? - Do you like seeing films?
P'yonji-rul ssunun ko shiro hayo - I hate writing letters!
Sul mashi-go unjon hanun ke wihom hayo - It's dangerous to drink and drive!

omnun kot kat-undeyo - it doesn't look as though there is anything/ are any
musun ir-imnikka? - how can I help you?, what's the problem?
ottok'e saenggyossoyo? - what does it look like?
(...-hant'e) han-bon muro-bo-lkkeyo - I'll just ask ( such and such a a person)
ku-go-l ottok'e hashyossoyo - what did you do with it?
...i/ga odi-inji chom karuch'yo-juseyo - please tell me where (such and such) is

chwahoejon han taum-e - after doing a left turn
uhoejon han taum-e - after doing a right turn
ama sut'uresu-ga wonin-i-n kot ka'ayo -it seems as though it's because of stress
ne-shigan-mada han al sshik tuseyo - take one tablet every four hours
shikhu-e han al sshik se-bon tuseyo - take one tablet three times a day after meals
shwipke p'iro-rul nukkyo-do nulla-ji maseyo - don't be surpriced if you feel tired very easily

nae maum-e kkok turo (yo) - I like it very much!
hanbon ibo-boshigessoyo? - would you like to try it on?
wa, chongmal ssada - wow, that's really cheap
...hant'e oullyoyo? - does it suit...?

onul nalssi-ga cho-t'a - Today the weathers is good!
onul nalssi-ga choat-ta - yesterday, the weather was good!
Namdaemun shijang-i odi-na? - Where is Namdaenum market?
onul ach'im musun yak-ul mogon-ni? - What medicine did you take this morning?

mogo-ra - eat it!
hae-ra - do it!
ka-ji ma-ra - don't go!
mok-ja - let's eat!
ha-ja - let's do it!
iyagi ha-ja - let's talk!

Informal style

Nae maum-e kkok turo - I like it very much!
kuronde igo pwa - But look at this!

Chil-i pyollo an choa - The quality isn't very good!
Cho saram-un hanguk saram-iya - That person is a Korean!
che-ga saenggak hae-do - it seems to me
kyou samman-ich'on won-indeyo mwo - it's only 32,000 won ( it's not much)
chogo-do-yo - at least

ka-so saenggak chom tashi hae-bwa yagessoyo - I'll have to go away and think about it!
naga-do toeyo - it's okey to go out!
mogo-do toeyo? - is it okey to eat this?
kop'i mashi-llaeyo? - Do you want to drink coffee?, do you fancy some coffee?
Noraebang-e ka-llaeyo? - How about going to a noraebang?

olma-dongan mug-ushigessoyo? - how long will you be staying for?
chom to muk-uljido mollayo - we may stay longer
chipsaram-hago chom uynon hae-bwayagessoyo - I'll have to discuss it with my wife
chikchop shiktang-e ka-so mokessoyo - we'll go to the restaurant to eat
o-il-dongan yeyak hanun ke cho-ul kot kat'ayo - it seems like it would be a good idea to book for five nights

morugessumnida! - I don't understand!
ka-l su iss-ulji-do morumnida - I don't even know if I'll be able to go or not
chigum ka-myon toeyo? - is it okey to go now?
toess oyo? - is it time to go?
chib-e (mog-ul kosh-i) issoyo? - is there anything to eat at home?

...e taehaeso ha-l mar-i issoyo - I have something to say about.../ there's something I want to say about...
cho-hant'e malssum ha-shimyon an toelkkayo? - wouldn't it be alright to tell me?/ can't you just tell me?

oje-do mach'angaji-yotgoyo - it was exactly the same yesterday as well
moto ara-dut-ket-tago ha- - say that ( one) couldn't understand
amu munje op-tago haessoyo - ( she) said that there wasn't any problem
mashi-omnude-do mar-ieyo - I'm saying that the food even tasted bad
sugon-ul kara-tallago haessoyo - I asked (her) to change the towel
solchikhi mal hae-so - honestly speaking; to tell the truth; in fact...
nalssi-e taehaeso muro-bwassoyo - (he) asked about the weather
pi-ga-o nundedaga ch'uwoyo - it's raining and on top of that it's cold
I-osh-i chir-i cho-undedaga ssayo - These clothes are good quality and, on top of that, they're cheap

chib-e kapshida - let's go home!
chib-e kaja-go haessoyo - he suggesetd we go home!
pap mogora - eat your food!
pap mog-urago haessoyo - he told (him/me) to eat his/my food!
Hangung mal paeu-myonso umag-ul turoyo - I listen to music while I study Korean
Mog-umyonso mal hae-boseyo - Please tell me while you're eating

mwol towa-durilkkayo? - how can I help you?
olma nam-ji anassaumnida - there are only a few left!
il kkunnago - after finishing work
ajik kyehoek opsoyo - I don't have any plans yet
cho-un saenggag-ineyo - that's a good idea
uri tol-man kayo? - is it just the two of us going?
kunyang soju han jan haryogoyo - we were just thinking of having a soju
chonun pulgogi-nun pyollo-eyo - I don't really like pulgogi
norae hanun kon ttak chilsaeg-ieyo - I really hate singing
norae ha-ji malgo tut-kiman haseyo - don't sing, just listen instead
kunyang hae-bon sori-eyo - I was just saying it ( don't take it too seriously)
soju-na mog-ul su pakk-e op-kenneyo - there's nothing for it ( no alternative) but to eat soju
han t'ok naelkkeyo - I'll pay (For everyone); It's on me

kogi-rul pyollo an choa haeyo - I don't particulary like meat
pyollo ka-go ship'chi anayo - I don't particulary want to go
pyollo chaemi psoyo - it's not particulary interesting
pulguksa-malgo san-e ka-nun ke ottoaeyo? - How abot going to the mountains instead of puulguksa?

kop'i mashi-ji malgo ch'a-na tuseyo - Don't drink coffee, have some tea or something instead
Wae kongbu ha-ji malgo iyagi-man hara-go haeyo? - Why are you saying just talking and not studying (instead)?
Mal ha-ji an-k'o mok-kiman haessoyo - We dind't say anything, we just ate
Tut-kiman haeyo? - Are you only listening (rather than participating)?


source (found out later hehe)